For 12 years the folks at Frontier Fly Fishing had been looking for a premium float tube manufacturer to manufacture a V-boat to their specifications, and in 2013 found the manufacturer they were looking for. The manufacturer in question manufactures the world's finest float tubes and pontoon boats so the folks at Frontier Fly Fishing were assured of receiving the best possible V-boat on the market. With a combined 95 years stillwater fishing experience between Tom Lewin, Dean Riphagen and Mike McKeown, all the best features were incorporated into the initial design, and after sending the required specifications to the manufacturer, two sample V-boats were tested in September 2013 at Highland Lodge in the Eastern Cape. After some minor modifications and tweaks were made to the initial prototypes, a container-load of boats arrived in May 2014 and are available to South African anglers looking for the very best V-boat on the market. Simply put, there is no better V-boat out there. Only the finest materials were utilised in the construction of the HORIZON Troutstalker. The first shipment of V-boats came standard with a foam seat and foam backrest but because almost every angler who purchased a HORIZON Troutstalker wanted to upgrade to the more comfortable air seat and air backrest, the latest version of our boat – the DELUXE version – features an air seat and air backrest as standard. At the price there is no V-shaped float tube that can compete.
Horizon Troutstalker V-Boat - Deluxe
Frontier Fly Fishing proudly presents the HORIZON Troutstalker V-boat.
• Top and side panels constructed of tough 420 Denier Nylon fabric
• Bottom panel constructed of super tough 500 Denier 30oz PVC fabric for maximum puncture resistance
• Main bladder constructed of heavy duty, heat seam sealed Urethane
• Inflatable air seat and backrest are standard with each boat.
• Boston valve conveniently located in the right hand cargo pocket to avoid any possibility of line snags
• Large mesh stripping apron for easy drainage
• 30mm raised lip on the stripping apron ensures the wind will not blow the line off the stripping apron
• No stabilizer bar required to hold the two side pontoons apart. The boat's unique design ensures that the stripping apron is held taught and in place without an unnecessary plastic bar
• A quick release buckle on the stripping apron allows for easy access
• 2 convenient side carry handles
• 2 large side cargo pockets to hold everything the angler will need for a day's fishing
• Large back utility pocket behind the backrest to store items like a rain jacket, landing net and other essential items
• Two built-in rod holders on the inside of the cargo pockets eliminates the need for add-on rod holders
• Two utility D-rings on either side of the pontoons
• 4 utility D-rings on the underside of the boat for backpack strap attachment
• Blaze orange panel on the bow of the boat for easy visibility
• Zippered pocket inside each cargo pocket to store valuables like car keys
• 130 kg (290 lb) carrying capacity
• Repair kit included
• Colour is a combination medium blue/dark blue
• Each V-boat has a unique serial number
• Boat weighs 7.5 kgs (16.5 lbs)
No reviews yet!
Be the first to leave a review